Hello! Debra here, the designer, maker, and creative behind Summer Bucket, a high-quality handcrafted jewelry line in Houston, TX since 2011. The minimal, feminine yet edgy designs have evolved from exploring the relationships between beautiful, natural stones, geometric shapes and delicate details to create high-quality pieces for you that are as refined as they are unique.
Summer Bucket was born from the need for a creative outlet. Growing up, I was constantly involved in the arts. I started out drawing and painting which sustained me for a long time in my youth up into my college years. Eight years ago I woke up with this deep pull to pursue this specific craft. It's been a passion of mine ever since and I love the entire process from developing a collection concept to sketching out designs to sample making and finalizing each handmade piece to be shipped to my lovely customers.
I aspire to create pieces that speak to those who celebrate the beauty of simplicity and the love and passion that goes into creating each piece of Summer Bucket jewelry to ensure years of enjoyment.
Want to hear more? Here are five things you might not know about me:
1. I have a huge dislike for champagne and cringe when I see all the cutsie champagne sayings on Pinterest and Instagram. They are literally liquid hang-overs, y'all.
2. I have a degree in Interior Design but originally attended college to pursue an Anthropology degree. I recently completed my Bachelor's in Applied Administration.
3. I have a deep interest in alternative medicine and really believe in the food as medicine approach.
4. I love living in the city but I eventually want to live on lots of land with goats, chickens, owls and a pack of Boston Terriers.
5. I married my high school sweetheart at thirty-one and I can't believe how lucky I am to have found someone so supportive of my dreams and who completely gets me! He's my person.
Some of Debra's Faves!
Drink: Iced vanilla latte with oatmilk
Paint color: White with a hint of grey
Destination: Anywhere along the Adriatic coast
Book: Sorcery of Thorns. I'm a sucker for YA Fantasy and Sci-fi novels.
Food: Tacos, FOREVER.
Summer Bucket has been featured in:
Still here? Let's connect! Drop me a line with your questions or comments at: